How to Maintain Your Air Optix Contact Lenses
Contact lenses are a convenient and comfortable alternative to traditional eyeglasses, offering clear vision without the hassle of frames. If you wear Air Optix contact lenses, you're already benefiting from their advanced technology and superior comfort.
To ensure your Air Optix lenses provide you with the best experience possible, it's crucial to maintain proper hygiene routines and care for your lenses diligently. In this blog post, we'll guide you through essential tips and best practices on how to maintain your Air Optix contact lenses.
How to Care for Your Air Optix Contacts
Wash Your Hands
Before handling your Air Optix contact lenses, always wash your hands thoroughly with a mild, fragrance-free soap and water. This step is crucial to prevent the transfer of dirt, oils, and bacteria onto your lenses, reducing the risk of eye infections and discomfort.
Use Recommended Lens Care Products
Opt for high-quality lens care products compatible with Alcon Air Optix lenses or as recommended by your eye care professional. These may include multipurpose solutions, saline solutions, hydrogen peroxide-based systems, or enzymatic cleaners. Avoid using tap water or saliva to clean your lenses, as they can introduce harmful microorganisms.
Follow A Daily Cleaning Routine
Following a daily cleaning routine is essential for maintaining the cleanliness and clarity of your Air Optix contact lenses. Here's a step-by-step process to incorporate into your lens care regimen:
- Remove your lenses from your eyes and place them on your palm.
- Apply a few drops of the recommended solution onto each lens.
- Gently rub the lenses with your fingertip in a circular motion for approximately 20 seconds.
- Rinse the lenses thoroughly with the solution to remove any loosened debris or residue.
- Place the lenses in a clean lens case and fill it with fresh solution. Avoid reusing old solution as it may harbor bacteria.
- Let your lenses soak for the recommended time indicated by the solution manufacturer.
- Before reinserting your lenses, rinse them with the solution again to remove any remaining disinfectant.
Practice Proper Storage and Lens Case Care
To ensure the longevity of your Air Optix contact lenses, proper storage is crucial. Consider the following guidelines:
- Use a clean lens case and rinse it with fresh solution before storing your lenses. Air-dry your lens case between uses.
- Replace your lens case every three months to minimize the risk of contamination.
- Store your lenses in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and humidity.
- Avoid exposing your lenses to water, as it may cause them to swell or distort.
Follow the Recommended Replacement Schedule
Air Optix contact lenses come in various types, including Air Optix plus HydraGlyde for Astigmatism, Air Optix Plus with HydraGlyde, Air Optix Night & Day Aqua, and Air Optix Colors.
Each type has a recommended replacement schedule that should be strictly followed. Regularly replacing your lenses according to the prescribed schedule ensures optimal performance, comfort, and eye health.
Additional Hygiene Tips for Your Air Optix Contacts
In addition to the previously mentioned practices, here are a few more tips to maintain excellent hygiene while wearing your Air Optix lenses:
- Avoid sleeping or swimming with your lenses on, unless they are specifically approved for extended wear or swimming.
- Keep your lenses away from hair sprays, cosmetics, and perfumes, as they can adhere to the lenses and cause irritation.
- Remove your lenses if you experience any discomfort, redness, or irritation, and consult your eye care professional.
- Regularly visit your eye care professional for comprehensive eye exams to ensure your prescription is up to date and monitor the overall health of your eyes.
By following these tips and best practices, you can maintain the optimal performance, comfort, and longevity of your Air Optix contact lenses. Cleanliness, proper storage, and adherence to replacement schedules are essential for the health and safety of your eyes.
Remember to consult your eye care professional or refer to the instructions provided by Alcon if you have any specific concerns or questions regarding your Air Optix lenses. Take care of your lenses, and they will take care of your vision!
Buy Replacements for Your Air Optix Contact Lenses at BuyContactsOnline.com.au
Looking for your next pack of Air Optix contact lenses? We offer a wide range to suit every vision need. Whether you're looking for Air Optix plus HydraGlyde for Astigmatism, Air Optix Plus with HydraGlyde, Air Optix Night & Day Aqua, or Air Optix Colors, we have you covered.
We also have a recurring order option making it easier for you to receive your Air Optix replacements without any hassle. With just a few clicks, you can set up automatic deliveries, ensuring you never run out of your favorite Air Optix lenses.
We are also partnered with respected Melbourne Optometrist Peter Merrett who has more than 25 years of experience in the industry. Our dedicated team is available during work hours to offer free advice and answer any of your questions about contact lenses and other vision-related issues.
For your convenience, we ensure prompt delivery by sending all orders via Startrack Courier Service. Additionally, in-store order collection is available in our Melbourne office, saving you time and costs if you’re in the area.
Experience affordable products, speedy delivery, and dependable service when you choose to shop with us for all your eye care needs.