Use your Optical Health Benefits to cover the cost of your contact lenses
Thousands of Australians take out Optical Extras Health Cover to help cover the cost of their prescription glasses and contact lenses. As most health funds base their annual limits on a normal calendar year, you have until December 31st to claim any remaining benefits on your optical cover.
While you may only replace your prescription glasses once every few years, people regularly need their contact lenses re-ordered (and occasional reminders!). Our online store has a fantastic selection of the best brands in the most popular prescriptions, including two of the biggest sellers on the market today: Acuvue TruEye 90 Pack and Dailies Total 1 90 Pack.
If you’re looking to claim on your new prescription contact lenses before the end of the year, this guide will help make the whole process super easy. Also remember if you’ve already used your entitlement for this year, you can claim again from 1st January.
Extras health cover and optical benefits
Depending on the level and type of extras cover you have, there are some great benefits available from most Australian health funds. You may even get ‘100% back’ on your optical health cover, so be sure to claim on your favourite prescription contact lenses before December 31st.
As an Australian based company, buycontactsonline has agreements with all health providers for you to claim your optical extras with us.
- Medibank Private and AHM use Provider Number: 1474131H
- NIB use Provider Number: 10109065
- HBF use Provider Number: B18899
- All other health providers use Provider Number 2413719K
If you’re unsure what you’re covered for, check with your health fund for any remaining rebates on optical cover.
How do I claim for prescription contact lenses purchased online?
If you’re shopping online for your new contact lenses and want to also claim with your health fund, here are 4 key things to make the process simple and easy.
- On completion of your order an email will be sent to you including all the necessary information to make a claim.
- A paper invoice is also sent with your order which some health providers still request.
- If you complete your claim online with your health fund, this will generally only take a few minutes as most health funds now have very user-friendly customer tools.
- If your order includes lenses for more than one person and you need individual invoices to make claims, please provide us with details of individuals and their contact lenses and we’ll issue you separate invoices.
Want to claim your health fund rebate for contact lenses on-the-spot?
Easy! Simply bring your health insurance membership card or number with you when you visit our Chapel St store to enjoy the convenience of on-the-spot claiming. Our professional in-store service can help with all your eye care needs, including eye testing and prescription glasses.
Hopefully this guide helps you take advantage of any remaining health benefits for this year’s health cover!
Finally, if you have any problems while claiming for your new prescription, don’t hesitate to contact the team at buycontactsonline on email@example.com or by calling us on 03 9510 2045 Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5pm and Saturday 9.30am – 1pm.
Our team will be working all days throughout the holiday period with the exception of public holidays.